MP2 to MP3 convertor recommendations please

willo500 12:13 01 Nov 06

Hi

Could anyone tell me what the best software to use to convert MP2 audio files from my DAB to MP3 files (so I can use them on my MP3 player) is please?

I know there is one called Easy CD-DA that Pure seem to recommend and this costs around £17. I don't mind buying this if it is the best option but wanted to check first.

Thanks in advance for your help

Willo

Splodge 12:24 01 Nov 06

Try searching for "Power Pack & Mp3 Encoder": I used it to convert tracks from CD to MP3 instead of WMA and then burned over 500 classical tracks to one DVD and you can probably get 1000 pop tracks on one DVD. I play it on my DVD Recorder and listen to it through my TV> It cost me £7.75 as a download but paid in dollars!

Splodge 12:28 01 Nov 06

click here and it does convert MP2!

sean-278262 12:54 01 Nov 06

Agree about DBpoweramp. Well worth it for the full version. However it is best to actually rerip the tracks from original CDs as they will loose quality.

willo500 16:14 01 Nov 06

Thanks for the advice. I am wondering if there is any advantage in going for the Easy CD-DA converter. Unless anyone can tell me of one, I will probably go for the DB one you suggest.

Thanks

Willo

dogbreath1 16:30 01 Nov 06

dBpowerAMP v.10 is still available FOC c/w mp3 capability from Pricelessware.

click here

dogbreath1 16:32 01 Nov 06

...I've used it for ages and it's very good. Comes with some codecs as standard, the 'rest' being available FOC from Codec Central. click here

willo500 11:52 02 Nov 06

Great. Thanks for your help folks. I have downloaded DB from Pricelessware and seems to be working well.

Willo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5