mozilla,s thunderbird

the kopite 09:38 02 May 05

Hi Guys can one configure thunderbird to work with aol thanks kopite

01chris 10:04 02 May 05

when the wizard appears put in your email address in full (yourusername)@aol.com then put in your incoming mail server as imap.uk.aol.com and your outgoing mail server as smtp.uk.aol.com . As i dont use aol i have no way of testing this but this is the website i got the info from.

click here

hope this helps

the kopite 14:02 02 May 05

Thanks chris same as configuring aol to work with outlook kopite

adam_huxtable 14:38 02 May 05

can you use thunderbird for hotmail i got reciving messages ok but i cant send any smtp server name i'd have to use at the moment im using localhost and the port number is 1024

the kopite 16:44 02 May 05

Hi again Guys I configured Thunderbird ( so I thought lol ) to work with aol and though it is downloading my emails I can not send keep getting (Sending of message failed a error ocured sending mail unable to connect to SMPT server SMPT.aol.com the server may be dow or may be incorrectly configured. Please verify that you Maim/News account settins are correct and try again ? thanks kopite

ashdav 19:14 02 May 05

you have to set the smpt server port to 587

ashdav 19:17 02 May 05

click here explains it all

adam_huxtable 19:35 02 May 05

what other emails companies can you use with thunderbird?

the kopite 08:01 03 May 05

HI Guys ashdave I changed server port to 587 and it was still the same unistalled thunderbird and firefox and reinstalled them and now no icon in my task bar for firefox lol what a life kopite

the kopite 16:57 06 May 05

Hi guys I configured thunderbird to work with aol and it sends emails but the copying to folder just goes on and on and when I click cancel it says sending mesage failed even tough it has been sent : Thanks guys kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…