mozilla.any good?

dfghjkl 19:20 04 Feb 04

hello,is mozilla any good?i hear that it can support multiple web pages open at a time.i have used opera before and found it ok but have thought about mozilla for a while,so any clues?thanks.peter.

Diodorus Siculus 19:22 04 Feb 04

Mozilla is very good; now on version 1.6 and has tabbed browsing.

A cut down version, Firebird is also available - still in beta though, but I use 0.7 for my day to day browsing.

Valvegrid 19:23 04 Feb 04

I used Mozilla till quite recently, but find Opera has the edge on speed and yes, you can open multiple windows.

Valvegrid 19:23 04 Feb 04

In Mozilla that is.

VoG II 19:23 04 Feb 04

Yep Firebird click here better (faster).

dfghjkl 20:14 04 Feb 04

so vog,do you mean the cut down version is better(faster)can you still have multi web pages open in firebird? as this will sway my choice.how many pages can you open at a time?and will this slow it down?i am on 150k,ntl.thanks.peter.

Diodorus Siculus 20:18 04 Feb 04

How many? Seems to me to be limitless... I regularly use 8-10 (different questions on these pages, the BBC news site and so on).

It will slow down the browsing speed as you have a limited bandwidth; but 150k is good - I have a 56k modem and it loads all pages pretty quickly.

Djohn 20:21 04 Feb 04

dfghjkl, you can have multiple pages open in IE if you wish. Open the first window and either use at a reduced size or minimise to the taskbar, then click on the IE Icon to open more pages.

At the moment I have several open. PCA helproom, consumer watch, another forum, google, and tomshardware. I can have them all on screen at the same time and swap between them, just maximise [If necessary] the one I want to do some work in.

dfghjkl 21:42 04 Feb 04

i never knew that john.i will try it.

dfghjkl 21:44 04 Feb 04

so you can.you learn something new everyday.i thought i had tried it before and it did not work.

VoG II 21:45 04 Feb 04

Or you can press CTRL+N to open more pages in IE. That is not the same as tabbed browsing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…