Mozilla Thunderbird settings for Wanadoo...

nick_j007 16:31 11 Nov 04

I have Thunderbird on my PC now but I have spent so much time messing about with the settings I'm lost and at a loss.

Perhaps someone with their setting set ok might care to help me out?

Many thanks,

SEASHANTY 21:05 11 Nov 04

This should give your posting a bump. I dont use Wanadoo (mines NTL broadband) but your email settings for thunderbird should be the same as you already use for your other email program.
For a start you need your user name and password info. For the incoming email mine is and outgoing mail server is Using Windows XP you then click on START button then on SET PROGRAM ACCESS & DEFAULTS. From Custom settings place a click in allow mail access for Mozilla Thunderbird if its not already ticked. Perhaps somebody using Thunderbird and your ISP will come up with correct settings for you.

nick_j007 21:11 11 Nov 04

I spotted a post (I think) you made a while back on this subject, and I made a few notes from it but I'm still unable to receive mail successfully.

I'm getting on quite well with Incredimail now, but wonder if the clean approach of Thunderbird might be better for me.

Cheers for the bumpy uppie.

SEASHANTY 21:36 11 Nov 04

There is also some info on the Mozilla Thunderbird website under FAQ's. click here
I have Thunderbird installed but normally use Mozilla mail as the default. That already comes installed with hthe Mozilla browser.

nick_j007 21:41 11 Nov 04

Yes cheers, I was dredging through it last night but gave know how these things can be!

I'll bookmark that and look later on now.

Ta. Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…