Mozilla Thunderbird Data Gone!

Big Trev 11:59 11 Jan 09

I logged into my PC this morning and opened Thunderbird only to find all my old emails missing and al the accounts gone! It was if I'd just installed it and thanked me for choosing Thunderbird before going straight into the create account wizard. Is there a way I can get everything back? I certainly need the emails.

brundle 12:13 11 Jan 09
  Big Trev 13:38 11 Jan 09

Thanks. This helped a bit (although I found the help site to be less than user friendly!)

I now have all my emails up until September 2007, but the rest are still missing. Any other thoughts?

brundle 14:00 11 Jan 09

Are you sure that's the correct profile?

Big Trev 15:29 11 Jan 09

There are only two there - the old one that didn't show up, and a new one, which was presumably created when I put in my email account details anew so I could download emails.

I just copied the profile file over to the new profile. And the old mail folder.

brundle 16:21 11 Jan 09

Odd that it only contains emails up to September 2007 - if that's the only one there, it would appear that you've lost some. The only thing I can suggest is that you get a hex editor and search the Inbox file for text that you know is from a later date - click here

If you find the later emails are still in the profile data perhaps there is some way to force Tbird to recognise the `missing` email. Otherwise, it's gone...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac