Mozilla Thunderbird - Address Book

10x 16:26 02 Aug 06

On switching from Outlook Express to Thunderbird, I imported my multiple folder O/E address into Thunderbird, thinking that in the process, the addresses would be retained in the various sub folders, but this did not happen.

Although when opening the address book in Thunderbird all of my different O/E sub folders are shown, they are all empty.

The sum total of the contacts listed in the O/E sub folders have all been put into just one folder in the Thunderbird address book, titled 'Outlook Express Address Book'.

I have tried dragging & dropping entries from this folder into the appropriate sub folder, but it rarely works.

On the odd occasion when it has, if I then delete that entry from the main folder, that entry also disappears from the sub folder.

Does anyone know of a way to successfully transfer entries between the main ex O/E address book folder & then delete entries from the main list without losing the same address from the sub folder to which it has been copied ?

Regards to everyone.

10X

FelixTCat 17:03 02 Aug 06

10x,

I think Thunderbird used sub-folders in a different way. Thunderbird uses sub-folders as mailing lists, just grouping adresses; delete from either main or sub folder and you are deleting the address.

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…