Mozilla Thunderbird

raziel08 15:53 30 May 09

I have just downloaded and installed thunderbuild but am having trouble with setting it up. It asks abou the incoming and outgoing server. Where do i get this informaion?

User-1229748 16:35 30 May 09
  raziel08 19:58 30 May 09

thanks for that. when it asks for me to input my password for my email address i do this but it says that 'sending the password did not succeed. Mail.secureserver.net responded: authorisation failed.

what am i doing wrong?

raziel08 19:58 30 May 09

thanks for that. when it asks for me to input my password for my email address i do this but it says that 'sending the password did not succeed. Mail.secureserver.net responded: authorisation failed.

what am i doing wrong?

raziel08 19:59 30 May 09

sorry about the double post.

Muergo 20:28 30 May 09

I only just received message from TalkTalk that they do not support Thunderbird, you have to set it up from your own website, not rely on this ISP

raziel08 20:37 30 May 09

i'm with t-mobile for my isp. i'm trying to get emails from my hotmail address. should i email tmobile and ask them if they support thunderbird?

DieSse 20:47 30 May 09

It's Hotmail that's important here, not your ISP.

I don't think that standard free Hotmail accounts can now be used with POP clients.

I get my Hotmail emails forwarded to my Gmail account. Thunderbird can be used to pick up Gmail accounts.

The problem is that webmail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc) may or may not support POP mail (where you have the email client in your system, rather than just on the web).

AL47 20:48 30 May 09

i had no end of trouble [and never sorted] making it work with hotmail, so i switched to gmail, better spam filter, better compatibility, just better

it was my only option

DieSse 20:49 30 May 09

It's not a matter or whether TalkTalk support Thunderbird.

It's whether they offer POP mail. If they do, any email client can be used. If they don't, no email client can be used.

AL47 20:50 30 May 09

this is my thread from before
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…