mozilla t-bird problems

locheeboy 13:28 01 Feb 05

I downloaded T-bird today after trying several times to install it from various cover discs.As a very new member of the pc community,I would be grateful for any advice.Iollowed most of the usual MOWS.eg disabling email scan in EZantivirus and also in ZoneAlarm.On trying to connect to my isp(virgin)I,m told connection refused.I called virgin to see if it was a connection problem but the guy was very little help!I then went to add/remove to set T-bird as my default.After clicking OK,having set the custom mode,the window which appears showing the green dotted line stays onscreen with the green dots @2/3 of the way across.The file pages fly across the screen but the process does.nt complete.Does this mean that another process is interfering?EZantivirus led me through the LSP instructions,but I,m at a dead loss.Any input would be appreciatedFirefox installed easily,so I dont think its a server or modem problem.

JayDay 15:23 01 Feb 05

I can't work out what your problem is. You have installed Thunderbird. When you start thunderbird what exactly happens? Thunderbird shouldn't effect your connection. I suspect what you are describing is a problem connecting to the Virgin server in order to retrieve your emails. Double check all the email settings.

scotty 15:45 01 Feb 05

Could be a ZoneAlarm problem. Restart your pc then disable ZoneAlarm then connecting to your ISP. If this works, I would guess that you need to allow Thunderbird more rights in ZoneAlarm.

Stuartli 15:55 01 Feb 05

Have you imported the Outlook Express settings (Tools>Import)?

If the bars just keep going across, try clicking the Get Mail button.

Stuartli 15:58 01 Feb 05

If you are using an earlier version of Windows, such as 98SE, you may have to add the avgnet.exe and avginet.exe files from the AVG folder in Program Files to ZA (use the ZA Add button to browse for them).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now