Mozilla and/or Opera-any good ?

dagbladet 16:56 25 Dec 03

I hear occasional mentions of Mozilla and Opera on these boards. One recently said that using them as opposed to IE could speed up my dial up surfing. Can anybody enlighten me about these browsers please.

VoG II 17:02 25 Dec 03

They are both fast and excellent replacements for (or as well as IE).

But have a look at Firebird click here

Pesala 20:05 25 Dec 03

Operating System • Windows 98 • Windows 98SE • Windows ME • Windows NT 4.0 • Windows 2000 • Windows XP (Recommended)

Minimum Hardware • Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater) • 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater) •
52 MB hard drive space

Opera 7.23 click here

Recommended configuration for Opera 7 without Java: • Pentium class system with 16 MB of RAM and at least 12 MB of free disk space •
Windows 95 or higher operating system •
28800 bps modem or higher connection

Java requires at least a Pentium 166MHz processor, 32 MB of RAM and 65 MB free hard drive space to run.

Opera 7.50 Screenshot click here showing the panels on the right with a custom Real One media player panel and custom calendar panel. Email is built-in to Opera. Mail, Contacts, Bookmarks, History, Transfers, are all managed from panels. Skins are easy to download and switch. This screenshot is not the default skin, but a bit too colourful for my tastes.

Opera 7.50 Preview (beta) click here

Diodorus Siculus 23:16 27 Dec 03

And Mozilla / Firebird are both free without any spyware / adware.

Vit 08:38 28 Dec 03

I have been using IE for quite some time now, but just got fed up with the problems I was having. For no reason settings would change and unable to open web pages. I installed Mozilla to give it a try a few months ago and have had no problems at all, and as a bonus it seems to load up web pages just a bit faster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…