Mozilla Firefox won't connect to some sites??

Skippy88 19:39 04 Jun 05

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have Firefox installed but it will not connect to some sites. I'm sure its just down to a setting I need to adjust but I'm not sure whats wrong.

A couple of the many sites it won't let me see are click here and click here for example, all I get is a message saying connection refused??

Any help greatly appreciated

octal 19:48 04 Jun 05

I can get through to Argos OK, but not to nissan.co.uk it returns 'Document contains no data' I know this is a problem with my ISP sometimes because it's the same in all my browsers. Have you tried another browser?

Skippy88 19:52 04 Jun 05

IE explorer isn't connecting either, says page may have moved or name typed incorectly etc

I think its my settings but don't know what to check

octal 19:57 04 Jun 05

Which ISP are you on?

Skippy88 20:02 04 Jun 05

Pipex mb broadband

bof:) 21:35 04 Jun 05

Hi Skippy88, I'm also using the latest version of Firefox. I was ale to connect straight away to the Argos site but not the Nissan site.

I have been told that some sites use activeX and are Internet Explorer friendly but not Firefox friendly. I'm not sure if this is actully correct.

Mike

Skippy88 21:58 04 Jun 05

Shouldn't I be able to amend activeX settings if thats the case??

Also why is it that you can connect with the same browser as me? It's probably something realy simple thats wrong.

Belatucadrus 22:57 04 Jun 05

Argos I can get at with Firefox & IE, but I can't access Nissan with anything at the moment, maybe they have server problems ?

octal 23:11 04 Jun 05

I tried to ping the Nissan site and it acted strangely, so I tried a traceroute and it seems like it's not reaching the destination.

Do you have any others you're having problems with, or is that the only two?

bof:) 23:34 04 Jun 05

have you updated to the latest version of firefox?

maveric 05:48 05 Jun 05

I have the latest firefox and can get both sites!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…