mozilla firefox updated - refuses to find google

markdavid 08:35 28 Mar 08

On a similar though not the same theme as another questioner:
I just updated firefox to version 2.0.0.13 having received an automatic prompt to do so. It installed correctly, but is trying to find google.co.uk (my previous Firefox start), but unsuccessfully. I can't even use the address bar to insert another web address. It just goes on searching for google.
I then tried removing Firefox, re-installing and rebooting, but still the same has happened..so back to Internet Explorer, which I didn't want to use as my default browser where "vulnerability detected" messages appear every time I use it (despite Panda 2008 Antivirus and automatic up-dates).
Can anyone solve the Firefox mystery? Thanks in advance, since I will be away till next Tuesday.

johndrew 10:27 28 Mar 08

I use Firefox and Google as my home page. I have also done the update with no problems. Try click here and see if it takes you to the page.

markdavid 17:25 02 Apr 08

Indeed it did, but within Explorer. I managed to sort it out by rebooting between the uninstall and reinstall and then rebooting again! Lets just call it a glitch and many thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…