mozilla firefox updated - refuses to find google

markdavid 08:35 28 Mar 08

On a similar though not the same theme as another questioner:
I just updated firefox to version 2.0.0.13 having received an automatic prompt to do so. It installed correctly, but is trying to find google.co.uk (my previous Firefox start), but unsuccessfully. I can't even use the address bar to insert another web address. It just goes on searching for google.
I then tried removing Firefox, re-installing and rebooting, but still the same has happened..so back to Internet Explorer, which I didn't want to use as my default browser where "vulnerability detected" messages appear every time I use it (despite Panda 2008 Antivirus and automatic up-dates).
Can anyone solve the Firefox mystery? Thanks in advance, since I will be away till next Tuesday.

johndrew 10:27 28 Mar 08

I use Firefox and Google as my home page. I have also done the update with no problems. Try click here and see if it takes you to the page.

markdavid 17:25 02 Apr 08

Indeed it did, but within Explorer. I managed to sort it out by rebooting between the uninstall and reinstall and then rebooting again! Lets just call it a glitch and many thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…