Mozilla Firefox update - problem with firewall??

pal2012 12:34 04 Nov 07

Yesterday I had an automatic update to 2.0.0.9 version of Mozilla Firefox, with which I had never had any trouble before.

Now my Norton 2006 Firewall keeps popping up with the Program Alert warning me Mozilla is trying to access the internet. It asks me what I want to do, with the default being 'Automatically create firewall rule'. I click 'ok'. Fine so far. But the alert box just keeps popping up again, no matter how many times I've clicked 'ok'. Now the only way I can access the internet is by selecting 'Allow this instance' from the drop-down menu and it's driving me batty.

Can someone - in words of one syllable please - tell me what I need to do to get back to normal. and by words of one syllable, I mean click this, click that etc.

Many thanks

pal2012

aine 16:57 04 Nov 07

If you log on to your Norton control panel, you should be able to allow exceptions, IE FireFox 2.0.0.9. A similar thing happened to me after this update, I was able to remedy this by this action. I would Norton has something similar. Aine

aine 16:58 04 Nov 07

If you log on to your Norton control panel, you should be able to allow exceptions, IE FireFox 2.0.0.9. A similar thing happened to me after this update, I was able to remedy this by this action. I would Norton think has something similar. Aine

keeperoftheflame 02:37 28 Mar 08

Hi,
A newbie to this board..I was trying to repoly to another user who had this problem
I ran auto update to Firefox release 2.0.13 I think..(released march '08) and could no longer connect to internet. SO I used IE to download the new program, uninstalled old FFx and installed new version...same problem.

SO --whether or not I wanted to use it...IE is now my browser.
Sheesh..how annoying. And I was sold on FFX
until now...

DippyGirl 16:42 28 Mar 08

keeperoftheflame
What error do you get when you launch FF
I am running 2.0.0.13 with no problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…