Mozilla Firefox stop script or continue?

spuds 09:13 AM 26 Dec 12

I have mentioned on a few occasions about having problems with the PCA website using the three main browsers, namely Firefox, Chrome and IE.

This doesn't happen with other websites I use on a daily basis.

IE seems to freeze,Google Chrome was found to work the best, but that as now become annoying due to 'waiting for' slowness, before pages will open. So I have gone back to Firefox, which now seems to incur regular error messages requesting action of 'Continue' or 'Stop Script'. Clicking on either doesn't really resolve the problem.

Any suggestions on possibly solutions appreciated.

sunnystaines 10:07 AM 26 Dec 12

i had this too with ie,FF17 was slightly better but still slow. yet both browsers work ok on other sites. chrome is the only browser that will open pca as fast as anyother web site

iscanut2 11:05 AM 26 Dec 12

Go to Firefox "Help",then do a search on your problem. There seems to be quite a bit about script problems ! I have always used Firefox and do not have any problems like this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 PM 26 Dec 12

I use an Add On called NoScript which gets rid of a lot of the advert scripts on this page which cause these type of problems.

spuds 14:35 PM 26 Dec 12

Thanks guys.

Just added No Script, so I give that a try to see what happens.

spuds 12:07 PM 28 Dec 12

I have tried No Script for a couple of days, and had a few further problems, so I have removed that. So I have now gone back to Google Chrome (the devil you know?).

I will have a further browse at the Firefox help, on on-line for possible further solutions.

Will tick as resolved, but add further if you want.

wee eddie 13:27 PM 28 Dec 12

As has been said above, the same problem seems to occur across all Browsers.

Previously FE suggested that it was a problem with my Browser Settings (IE & sometimes Crome) but as it happens with no other site that I visit. I think that the problem really lies with PCA's Site Programmers.

woodchip 14:38 PM 28 Dec 12

I have had this problem as long as I can remember on PCA site. I just disable Java Script in the browser settings for this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November