Mozilla Firefox - quibble

freaky 20:28 31 Mar 05

After reading all the rave reviews of this program I installed it.

Big problem I find is that a lot of sites I use require Internet Explorer.....this results in not being able to access them.

Is there a simple answer to overcoming this within Firefox? If not, then I do not see any further point in using it.

DerekR 20:40 31 Mar 05

Go into the tools menu in Firefox, extensions, then get the "view Open Pages in IE via firefox menus"

You will need to spend a little bit of time configuring Firefox to get it to do what YOU want it to do - all the plug-ins are available, so 99.9% of all web pages will open in Firefox - give it a bit of time, explore it, and you might just be pleasantly suprised.

rômanab 20:45 31 Mar 05

Plugins... click here

Dorsai 20:54 31 Mar 05

I Find very few sites require IE. The very small % that do, I can happily do without (excluding MS update, and that is a case of 'closed shop').

If they want my browsing, they need to cater to my browser choice. It's up to them. Cater for FF, and I will visit, dont, and I won't.

It's their loss. There are zillions of web sites out there. If they can't be bothered to test it on FF, I can't be bothered to visit it.

rômanab 21:03 31 Mar 05

I agree, I can't remember the last time I had to use IE.

freaky 15:56 01 Apr 05

Wrote "Go into the tools menu in Firefox, extensions, then get the "view Open Pages in IE via firefox menus"

I found an extension update called "IEVIEW 0.86 by Paul Roub" on the Mozilla Web Site. This was the only extension I could find that bore semblance to what DerekR mentioned above.

I clicked on download and got the following message "Not valid install package". Can anybody help on this please?

Stuartli 17:06 01 Apr 05

If you have Firefox 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 then IEVIEW 0.86 is not a valid extension; it only caters up to verrsion 1.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…