Mozilla firefox problem

johnbull 16:28 04 Jun 05

I'd be very grateful if someone could explain why when I connect to Firefox the browser window appears, but informs me that it is connecting!! it then takes a long time to complete this task and then in the lower left hand task-bar states"done" I then try to connect to a web site but after a minute or so a message keeps telling me that "time has run out" I tried out most of my bookmarks and the same message appears for all of them!! Also the window that now appears does'nt look like the previous one i.e. there is no Google bar below the main top toolbar!!! I hope someone can solve this not very important problem for I have come to enjoy using Firefox Many thanks in advance.
Johnbull

DieSse 16:34 04 Jun 05

Are you sure it's only with FireFox - have you tried also with Internet Explorer?

johnbull 17:25 04 Jun 05

DieSse. Many thanks for your prompt reply! no! my other browsers; Opera and Explorer are working perfectly! Your reply was notified through my e-mail in Express, and when I clicked the link it took me to my default browser; Firefox: a message then came on the Firefox screen; again informing me that " I had timed out" and the situation remains the same. Thanks again for your kind reply
Johnbull

DerekR 18:42 04 Jun 05

This happened to me, and after a long investigation, I discovered one of my kids (never found out which one) had blocked internet access by Firefox in Sygate firewall!

Might not whats happened to you, but well worth checking it out

johnbull 19:39 04 Jun 05

DerekR Many thanks for your kind reply, it was a very good call! however; when I then checked my firewall, (which also happens to be Sygate), the allowed check was in place. so I will have to soldier on, and try some other method to get firefox working correctly again. My best regards, and of course thanks for your reply
Johnbull

johnbull 19:52 04 Jun 05

DerekR & DieSse I think I must have ghosts in the machine!! i.e. after I checked my Firewall to make sure the box for Firefox was ticked I returned to Opera and PC Advisor, and replied to DerekR; deciding to uninstall/re-install Firefox, however; I decided to try once more! and out of the blue a message from the Sygate firewall came up informing me that a change had been made and would I accept Mozilla Firefox!!! I ticked yes! and lo and behold I now have Firefox back to it's very best!! My very best regards to you both; and of course many thanks.
Johnbull

DieSse 19:56 04 Jun 05

Expect the unexpected :-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…