Mozilla Firefox now a reliable browser again?

manrow 11:03 28 Oct 14

I ceased using Firefox nearly 2 years ago, as it was causing my laptop processor to run at near 100%, making using other programmes at the same time almost impossible.

Do other users find this a problem now please?

spuds 12:16 28 Oct 14

Never had any major problems with Firefox or Chrome (which I use both daily), but IE seems to have its bad days.

sunnystaines 12:39 28 Oct 14

ffirefox is getting better got the original but thinking of getting 64bit palemoon or cyberfox.

as spuds says IE is too slow, chrome gets the occasional freeze up starting to think should i ditch it.

Ian in Northampton 13:40 28 Oct 14

Firefox has been a godsend to me. I'm a committed Chrome user, but have an XP machine that, for my own good reasons, I've never updated past SP2. This gives Chrome security issues with some sites and, short of upgrading XP to SP3, there's nothing that can be done about it. So I use firefox for them. It's fine. And I use IE only under duress...

Woolwell 14:11 28 Oct 14

IE 11 is actually quite good. But Chrome is my preferred browser and I rarely use Firefox nowadays.

rdave13 17:45 28 Oct 14

sunnystaines , Just dumped Palemoon 64-bit - for some reason the latest update kept hammering the CPU. IE11 first browser and FF second. Palemoon occationally until now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…