Mozilla Firefox installation start-up error

tallboy 22:51 12 Dec 13
Answered

I've just re-installed the latest version of Firefox on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC, after the previous version mysteriously stopped working. Even though I removed the previous version before installing the latest version, Firefox did not start up (as promised) when the installation was complete. Neither would it start when I tried to start in manually from the start menu & desktop icon. The installation seemed to go OK and no errors were reported during the install.

Internet Explorer, Safari & Google appear to work OK. What's likely to prevent Firefox from working? Any ideas as to what to try would be most welcome.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:10 13 Dec 13

Sounds like a bad profile

when you remove the old version it does not remove the profile this means when the new version is installed all your favourites and passwords etc. are still there.

see item 7 here

Make sure you have made a note of your saved pas words etc. then

Try a full uninstall and reinstall of the new version

tallboy 22:37 13 Dec 13

Thanks for the quick reply & link Fruit Bat. I'll run through the Firefox fixes - hopefully one of those will cure the start-up problem. I'll let you know.

tallboy 22:58 15 Dec 13
Answer

Complete re-installation of Firefox seems to have done the trick - once I had cleaned out all the profile info (Not that there was much of that anyway) and re-booted the machine.

Thanks again for the suggestions Fruit Bat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…