Mozilla Firefox and IE

phil.smith 15:06 05 Jan 05

I have been reading on the forum alot about Mozilla and Firefox

Does it work in the same way as IE and is it better than IE?

If I download it and install do I have to uninstall IE first or does it run alongside?

What about using Outlook Express with mozilla - is there any problem?

Thanks

Phil

SANTOS7 15:12 05 Jan 05

click here this should help,some good info here, good luck..........

LeadingMNMs 15:25 05 Jan 05

Firefox is just another browser and offers the same features as IE while also providing additional features, such as Tabbed browsing, where all open pages are contained with Firefox whereas IE would open multiple browser windows.

Firefox and IE will work together without problems, though they'll probably both want to be the default browser.

Firefox will not effect Outlook Express, although it does offer its own Thunderbird e-mail client However, there is no button in Firefox to load an e-mail client by default.

rawprawn 16:09 05 Jan 05

I run Firefox & IE together with no problems, I find each better suited for different purposes the way I have them configured, and they both compliment my computer.I have IE as default, but only because it suits me.

Stuartli 17:41 05 Jan 05

I use Firefox 1.0 and Thunderbird 1.0 as the default brower and e-mail programs, but if necessary I can still use IE (and OE) if necessary.

The Mozilla products are the defaults and you can also set this in XP's Set Program Access and Defaults panel.

Stuartli 17:42 05 Jan 05

No constant need for updating Firefox or Thunderbird..:-)

scoops 17:48 05 Jan 05

... also try out Opera. You may find it offers even more functionality the firefox and IE.

click here

Stuartli 17:59 05 Jan 05

Life's just too short to keep experimenting with browsers and e-mail programs - at least in my case..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…