Mozilla Firefox - history

happy girl 22:01 11 Dec 06

Is it possible to view an old webpage in mozilla firefox? Are they stored? And if they are can the orginal page be accessed? I want to view something that has since disapeared!

Stuartli 22:04 11 Dec 06

From FF's Tools>Options>Privacy tab you can set the History of pages visted to be retained for what period you consider suitable i.e. a day, a week, three weeks etc.

Stuartli 22:05 11 Dec 06

You may need to add the History icon to the Toolbar.

happy girl 01:41 12 Dec 06

How do I access a page though? I have the history icon but the pages dont seem to be available off-line.

Gandalph 02:02 12 Dec 06

You will have to open Firefox in safe mode to get to the pages in History to browse them. Click on Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Safe Mode.

happy girl 09:46 12 Dec 06

Thanks, I've just tried that, the pages were still unavailable.... What am I doing wrong?!

happy girl 17:01 22 Dec 06

*up*

Stuartli 19:57 22 Dec 06

All you need to do to read your History is to click on the History icon on the Toobar.

You can then call up any of the pages you have visited for the period you allow History to be retained.

Mine is set at 21 days (i.e. three weeks) as this is more than ample for my requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…