Mozilla Firefox Help Please

I,Me and Myself 14:37 09 Feb 07

I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.1 but when I click on a link in either an email or a web page all I am transferred to is my home page.

Can someone please tell me how I set it up so that when I click the links it directs me to the web page related to the link.

sean-278262 14:47 09 Feb 07

What do you mean in an email? Are you using outlook, thunderbird or hotmail or something else to access email. We have too little information to work out a solution for you

I,Me and Myself 14:55 09 Feb 07

In an email? - what I mean is when someone sends you an email and includes a link to a web page in the email.
I am using Incredimail for my email.

When I am looking at a web page and I want to click on a link in that web page to take me to another web page (surfing).

In both above circumstances when I click on the link I go directly to my home page and not the the page of the link I clicked on.

I cannot describe it any better.

sean-278262 15:05 09 Feb 07

Go on the extensions website tool > add-ons
get more extensions

Then look for "tab mix plus" should sort it all out for you.

I,Me and Myself 15:20 09 Feb 07

Have installed that add on but still not going to links.

I,Me and Myself 23:38 09 Feb 07

Can someone please help me - still no further forward.

Cannuck 00:27 10 Feb 07

Is Firefox your default browser?

When you are in the browser go to "Tools" (in the top bar) and click on "Options"

You will see "System defaults" Click this on and apply, and you should be able to go to any web-site you click on from an e-mail.

Cannuck

rdave13 00:31 10 Feb 07

click here seems to have a simmilar problem.

rdave13 00:46 10 Feb 07

Try another browser. Uninstall FF, run a reg cleaner.
Then start-search and put in fire fox in all files and folders.More advanced options,tick search system folders, tick search hidden files and folders, tick search subfolders. Make sure your harddrive is selected. (c:) usualy. then start the search. Delete all it finds. Some won't delete without a reboot. Install FF from click here A Mozilla site.

I,Me and Myself 22:20 11 Feb 07

Did what Cannuck suggested and up till ow it has done the trick. I won;t tick RESOLVED until I am really sure that it is all A Ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…