Mozilla Firefox Extension CuneAform

canute44 06:45 17 Jun 04

Having been introduced to Mozilla by Diodorus Siculus of these hallowed columns, I recently downloaded the latest Firefox and looked at extensions. I found cuneAform and thought that it looked interesting enough to download. Having installed this extension I became puzzled. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg - the UI or the program? How does one use a program without any instructions? At this point I duck behind the parapet as my head has been taken off too often by the inmates of this Helproom.

Valvegrid 06:56 17 Jun 04

I've had a search though the extensions list

click here=

but I can't find that extension in the Firefox 0.9 list. Are you you sure you're looking at the right list? The reason I ask is that I inadvertently installed a Firefox 0.8 extension and Firefox 0.9 go the right hump, it took me ages to find where it installs the info on extensions.

Valvegrid 06:59 17 Jun 04

BTW the extensions install straight off the web, have a look in Tools>Extensions to see their status.

canute44 07:02 17 Jun 04

Went to Bookmarks, Firefox and Mozzila Information, Firefox Extensions, et voila in the list is cuneAform

Valvegrid 07:08 17 Jun 04

OK, that's the Firefox 0.8 extensions.

canute44 07:13 17 Jun 04

Does that really matter? Its the extension that I am talking about - not firefox.

Valvegrid 07:22 17 Jun 04

I can only give experience in my case, yes it did matter, because the extension I installed was not compatible with Firefox 0.9. If you get a problem post back, I've found out how to reverse the changes.

The link I posted contains the extensions that are compatible with version 0.9.

Off to work now, bye.

Paul.

canute44 07:36 17 Jun 04

I think that the point of my posting is being missed. Obviously it is necessary for the extension (whether to 0.8 or 0.9) to be installed for my point to be seen. When activated there is a beautifully designed UI but not a single word about how to use it - no Help anywhere. This is an extension which appears to be promoted as useable by "anyone" and capable of being used to design Websites. My question is "how?" Surely even the simplest program needs some guidance as to how it is to be used?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…