mozilla firefox

jypsea 20:01 04 Jul 04

i have just installed mozilla firefox, the bare basic aparrentley and am quite pleased with it. it does seem to load pages quicker example P C A site..my only query is why does it sometimes have to tell you to load java..i manage to download them but never to get them running. i am loading it to default location which is desktop then double clicking.all seems to go well but nothing happens when i return to site which needs java..chat rooms etc..im running xp home and the mozilla firefox is about 6mb..there is another mozilla about 16mb i think..any ideas anyone..thank you

canard 22:05 04 Jul 04

click here I downloaded the whole thing from here with java included. Better to put it in a my downloads file in win explorer than have such a big download occupying desktop space. The java then runs OK.

jypsea 23:27 04 Jul 04

cheers canard

LastChip 01:10 05 Jul 04

I've used Opera (with Windows) now for a while and like it better than Internet Explorer, but have also used Mozilla with Linux, also with excellent results.

I kept promising myself to load the Windows version, and this thread along with the well published security flaws in IE, resulted in me finally getting around to it.

The first thing that struck me, is this site is considerably quicker to load pages than in IE, but time will tell whether it is stable enough, to justify it's continued presence on my machine.

First impressions though, are GOOD!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…