Mozilla Firefox 0.9 RC now available

Valvegrid 17:28 12 Jun 04

It's still being tested, so if anyone's feeling brave!

click here

wawadave 18:33 12 Jun 04

thx!

VoG II 13:36 13 Jun 04

Installed and running fine here ... so far!

Thanks.

Valvegrid 13:40 13 Jun 04

Great! Did you remove the old one version first, or install over the top?

VoG II 13:49 13 Jun 04

To be on the safe side I removed the old one first.

Valvegrid 13:51 13 Jun 04

Thanks, the reason I ask is that I use a number of their extensions on version 0.8, so it sounds like I'll have to go through the loop and download them again.

Valvegrid 14:31 13 Jun 04

I'm going to chicken out and wait until the final version is released.

dagwoood 15:12 13 Jun 04

in this new release of Firefox, is there the option to keep it in RAM, as is the case with Mozilla 1.6?

Cheers, dagwoood.

Valvegrid 15:20 13 Jun 04

Can you explain please, why would you want to do that? I thought it starts up quick enough, unless there's an ulterior motive?

dagwoood 15:29 13 Jun 04

Hiya Valvegrid.

There's no ulterior motive, it's just that when I used Firefox 0.8, I found it a little slow in opening up, which mystified me as one of the pro's of using Firefox is its small size and so it should load quickly(as per the Mozilla site).

I actually prefer Firefox over Mozilla, but with the option in Mozilla to keep the s/w stored in RAM all the time I use Mozilla because it opens straight away.

dagwoood.

Valvegrid 15:37 13 Jun 04

Oh right, I thought that might be the case. I notice the file is a lot smaller, only 4814KB for 0.9 as against 6348KB for 0.8.

Maybe I'll load it and let you know if it's any quicker, but I'll try and install it over the old version and see if it will retain the extensions.

What the heck, It'll give me something to do if I've got to reformat the whole lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…