Mozilla FieFox

micklemouse 19:39 02 Aug 04

I uninstalled Firefox just now to revert back to Internet Explorer and now find that my Address Bar which is at the bottom of my XP screen keeps loading the Mozilla Icon and tells me that the path I type in is incorrect. How can I change this to the right path? I have to use the address bar at the top which has the blue 'e' in it to reach the web.

Regards Micklemouse

micklemouse 20:33 02 Aug 04

I have cured it - with Spybot S&D; apparently it was because of a nasty called Comet Cursor. My 'E' icon has now returned!

Regards Micklemouse

SEASHANTY 20:58 02 Aug 04

Don't understand why you had to uninstall Firefox to revert back to I.E. You could use either browser just by selecting it. I have three browsers installed Mozilla 1.7.1. Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2 and
I.E.6. They all happily co-exist and I can use any of them whenever I want. Sometimes use Mozilla and I.E.6 together opening different windows in each browser.

nat 21:14 22 Jun 05

Having installed Firefox 1.0.4.apparently without any problem, I keep getting messages like:- "Alert. Proxy you have configured could not be found".or "Alert. start.mozella.org could noy be found". Clearly I am missing something. The Mozilla/Fierfox site offers copious help, but it seems only when Firefox is up and running.The "All you,ve got do do is install the program" advice is not helping me!!
I run XP IE6 on dial up and have tried various re-installs including with firewall removed - but no joy.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Nat.

SEASHANTY 15:12 23 Jun 05

You did actually install this Firefox browser I presume. When you go to the Mozilla.org website and download the Firefox installation files to your Desktop or "My Documents" or wherever else you installed them all this does is download the installation files to your PC. You then have to double click on the icon the install this .exe file into your programme files. It appears from what you say that you haven't done this. You may possibly then have to allow Firefox to access the net in your Firewall setup.

nat 18:52 02 Jul 05

Thanks Seashanty for your interest. Yes Firefox is installed my problem seems to be related my Proxy server, I cannot seem to insert my server name and port number.This must be easy- but I have continued to fail. Suggestions still welcome.Nat.

SEASHANTY 10:34 03 Jul 05

Sorry don't use a proxy server here on NTL BB. Found this detail on proxy servers on Google
click here
Perhaps if you search google inputting your ISP, Firefox and proxy server it might give you a clue as to how to proceed.

ashdav 16:39 03 Jul 05

open Firefox/Tools/Options/General/Connection Settings. You can input all your proxy settings there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…