Mozilla Bookmarks sharing

dp600 10:52 03 Dec 05

i have a bookmark file on mozilla and would like to have it on another user site as well .i am using win xp home how do i share the bookmark please.

Trackrat 22:43 03 Dec 05

Taken from the Mozilla help file.

You can export a Mozilla address book if you later want to import it into another user profile, move it to another computer, or use it with another program that can import address books. You can export an address book to one of these file formats: Mozilla (.ldif), tab-delimited (.tab), comma-separated (.csv), or text (.txt) formats.

To export an address book, begin from the Address Book window:

1. Select the address book that you want to export.
2. Open the Tools menu, and choose Export.
3. In the Export Address Book dialog box, browse to the location where you want to save the address book file.
4. Choose the file format for the exported address book (.ldif, comma-separated, or tab-delimited).
5. Enter a name for the address book file. Be sure to include the appropriate file extension (.ldif, .csv, .tab, or .txt).
6. Click Save.

ade.h 22:54 03 Dec 05

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
Follow that path and open the folder that you see in profiles. In this folder is an HTML file called bookmarks. Make a copy and you can install it in another Profile folder.

ade.h 22:55 03 Dec 05

Don't rename it or anything, just let it overwrite the existing bookmarks file when prompted.

alan227 22:59 03 Dec 05

An easier way in my opinion is click on Bookmarks / click on Manage Bookmarks / Click File / Click Export.

ade.h 23:10 03 Dec 05

Yes, if it works. It never has in my installation; my suggestion is based on what I always have to do!

dp600 08:16 04 Dec 05

Thank you all for you help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…