mozilla bookmarks

trigger2 08:13 11 Aug 04

have just download mozilla firefox, and am so far impressed!
one niggle though, i seem unable to sort the bookmarks (imported IE favorites) into my prefered order (as i had them in IE)
minor prob i know but i got used to how they were
any ideas

ventanas 08:20 11 Aug 04

Try the Bookmarks menu - Manage Bookmarks. Near the top.

trigger2 08:54 11 Aug 04

thanks ventanas , i've had a "play" but can't seem to get enought control like placing folders/sites manually within the list
maybe i'll just have to live with it...d*mn annoying

Belatucadrus 12:07 11 Aug 04

Open Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks.
Then View/Unsorted, you can then drag and drop the bookmarks to whatever order you want.

byraway 15:36 11 Aug 04

In Bookmark Manager try left clicking on a folder and simply drag to desired position. This works in non-Firefox Mozilla

trigger2 17:29 11 Aug 04

thanks guys!

woodchip 17:36 11 Aug 04

In Manage Bookmarks you can cut paste URL's from one folder to the other

woodchip 17:37 11 Aug 04

Or just click and Drag

Gongoozler 18:10 11 Aug 04

trigger2 is quite right. Great though Mozilla Firefox is compared with IE, bookmark sorting just doesn't appear to work properly. I can get them sorted under "Manage Bookmarks", but then when I click on the Bookmarks menu, the order is nothing like what I had just sorted. Another annoyance is that some websites are clearly not tested properly in Mozilla. One site in particular loses the top margin when printed, which is a known problem with a simple solution that has to be applied by the site designer.

woodchip 18:23 11 Aug 04

It's Ok using them but they are cut down versions of Netscape. And I have a lot less probs with Netscape than I did with IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…