Mozilla appeared from nowhere

jaybee 14:07 13 Jan 05

I emailed a friend to recommend a book and included an Amazon page address copied and pasted directly from the Amazon site. I tested the link and it got through to amazon ok but the Amazon screen said there was a bug in my web browser. I then gave details saying that my web browser was mozilla 4.0 compatible with IE 6. Well I have always run IE and am certainly on version 6 but I have never knowingly installed mozilla. I searched the registry for mozilla and to my astonisment found a ref to mozilla 4 in a right hand pane. Also searched all files and found a folder calles Mozilla files in an folder conneceted to a folder called PEbuilder which was a registry manager suite that I downloaded and quickly uninstalled as it was far beyond my skill level. Should I get rid of mozilla references and if so how. Most importantly why does amazon think my browser is anything other than IE 6?

jaybee 14:10 13 Jan 05

message above should read in line three; 'It (the amazon site) then gave details........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…