Mozilla & IE, background image doest appear loading. it comes after loading

kidzntoyz 29 Jun 13

This is mu website link http://kidzntoyz.com/Final/, in chrome it is working fine. but in mozilla & IE the body background appears later after finishing loading. I want the body background image to appear early. am getting a patch cuz of background not loading earlier. Please help

fourm member 29 Jun 13

I found this example of the CSS for a background image

background-image:url('paper.gif');

Your css says

background:url(../images/bg-1.jpg)

Try changing 'background' to 'background-image' and putting '' inside the brackets for the file name.

kidzntoyz 01 Jul 13

Thank yew for the update, i appreciate it!

Here is an updated link which looks even uglier in all the browser after updating the above css example.

Expecting a better option :)

fourm member 01 Jul 13

I've just looked at your stylesheet, again, and it hasn't changed.

It still says background:url(../images/bg-1.jpg) no-repeat center top;

kidzntoyz 01 Jul 13

Hello

This the updated css now

body {background-image:url('../images/bg-1.jpg') no-repeat center top; } .main{ min-height:300px;background-image:url('../images/bgcontenttop.png') no-repeat; padding:0 15px; }

but both of these images are invisible in all the major browsers. I want to appear.

In my previous case in Mozilla & IE while the page is loading for the first time the .main{} used image looks ugly that's my concern

fourm member 02 Jul 13

This is what the css file shows;

body, #body-policy {background:url(../images/bg-1.jpg) no-repeat center top;font:13px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:#696969; font-weight:normal;min-width:1009px;} hashtagbody-policy {background:url(../images/bg-2.jpg) no-repeat center top; }

[The word hashtag is there because # at the start of a line on here messes with the format.]

I don't know why this is different from what you think it is.

I just tried it in Safari (knowing I didn't have anything cached) and it loaded reasonably quickly.

You might find that simply reducing the file size for the image helps. It is very big for a background. Try upping the compression to reduce the file size.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message