Mozila Thunderbird

Henryk 10:17 30 Sep 05

I have been using Thunderbird for some months now.
Over that time I have amassed alarge number of e mails which I need to keep accesable. At the moment I have set up a filing system within thunderbird local folders.This is now getting pretty big.

Can anyone advise me how I could store them in an off line application but still available to work with.

I use windows 98 2ed. I have Excel, Word, Works

Stuartli 10:19 30 Sep 05
  octal 17:49 30 Sep 05

If I want to save emails I save them as text. If you open the email then Ctrl+S the Save window opens, select text in the drop down menu at the bottom and remove the .eml extension before clicking the Save button.

You'll be able to open the email in virtually anything then.

DieSse 18:25 30 Sep 05

Personally I don't see thsat storing them somewhere else is any advantage to storing them in Thunderbird.

In TB you can organise them in folders, work on them whenever you want, copy them, delete them, etc., etc. What more do you want to do that would be different in a different set of folders using dofferent applications?

TB is just as much of an off-line application as an on-line one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…