Mozella Fire Fox

March Wind 18:02 17 Feb 11

I am using Mozilla Fire Fox. I was told Fire Fox doesn't hold onto the History. I keep deleting the history. With F/F open I click on Google to look on the web. When I click on say M= Manchester. If I was to look at something else beginning with M it will show Manchester. I do not want this I want nothing showing which sites I have been looking at. What can I do about this please?

MAJ 18:18 17 Feb 11

Try Ccleaner. click here

GaT7 18:58 17 Feb 11

You need to go into Firefox Tools > Options > Privacy > choose 'Never remember history' > OK to save.

However, if you need other Privacy aspects, do the same as above, but this time choose 'Use custom settings for history' & tick/untick what you need/don't need. G

March Wind 19:20 17 Feb 11

Thank you so much for your help. I was going into History and deleting from there. I did try CClean That didn't work. Going into tools, deleting from there did;-). I just clicked on delete history.

However, if you need other Privacy aspects, do the same as above, but this time choose 'Use custom settings for history' & tick/untick what you need/don't need. G

What do you mean by this? However""""

Lost my top rows again (from a different thread)

uk-wizard 19:31 17 Feb 11

You also need to stop Google prompting your search history, click the box under the saved searches on the left hand side of the Google page so that they dont show.

March Wind 19:39 17 Feb 11

Can I do all you tell me while I am on this site? I have my top rows back again so I can see tools etc. So could I click on Tools etc from here and do what you suggested?

March Wind 19:50 17 Feb 11

You also need to stop Google prompting your search history, click the box under the saved searches on the left hand side of the Google page so that they dont show.

I cannot find this. I open F/F and see Google but cannot see saved searches. I have Windows &

GaT7 20:25 17 Feb 11

"What do you mean by this?"

If you have saved logins on sites, like PCA forum, then you'll need to make the appropriate choices depending on your individual needs. You'll see what these choices are when you select 'Use custom settings for history'.

If they don't apply to you, simply do what I said in my first sentence choosing 'Never remember history'. There are no other options to choose for this. G

March Wind 21:15 17 Feb 11

I'm lost
1) Do you mean google might be trying to make my PC remember my History? I cannot see Saved searches to click on a box.
2) if you need other Privacy aspects, do the same as above, but this time choose 'Use custom settings for history' & tick/untick what you need/don't need. G

Sorry I do not know what you mean. If I have clicked on Never save history then everything should be private. But if I was to put PCA in Bookmark then I would hope to be able to click on this to go directly to PCA.

Could you explain a little more simply to me please? sorry if my spelling is wrong I have lost my rows where I can see spell check

If I want to save PCA in bookmark should I go to Custom Settings and write down PCA?

lotvic 01:24 18 Feb 11

<<<Lost my top rows again (from a different thread)>>>

Press F11

That makes the toolbars either appear (show) or disappear (hide).

If in 'disappear'(hide toolbars) mode they will appear temporarily when mouse cursor is taken to top of screen, then when mouse cursor is moved down the screen the toolbars will hide again.

GaT7 12:28 18 Feb 11

Perhaps a screenshot of the settings will explain it better click here.

Again, it comes down to what YOU need/don't need. If the above doesn't work for you, experiment a little - as any changes you make are easily reversible. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…