Mow you see it -- Now you dont - Web mail page comes and goes

SparkyJack 14:13 PM 08 Aug 12

As reported to me this morning

The user with a G mail account logged and gor a blank page in the In box shortly there after a page of mails then off again..

Meanwhile her husband in another part of the house logged onto his G Mail account and all came in as it should.

I at first opined that it must be a server problem as the connection seemed to be OK- witness husband.

I later thought perhaps it was the WiFi link to router on the Lady's lappie down stairs whilst hubby is connected to the router by Ethernet cable. In which case it colud be the Lappie Wi Fi on the blink - but then the whole connection would go not just give a blank page strong text What do you all think?

birdface 14:22 PM 08 Aug 12

Are they with Virginmedia.lots of problems with their e-mails.Especially NTL and Blueyonder.

SparkyJack 14:49 PM 08 Aug 12

Buteman- Gmail are the mail accounts The ISP is the dreaded TalkTalk

But as said the Lappie downstairs connected OK to the mail Inbox- just the mauls faded in and out whilst hubby was OK on his separate G Mail account - same ISP/server.

Woolwell 16:08 PM 08 Aug 12

My guess is a slow or poor and intermittent connection problem which results in the page not refreshing as it should.

birdface 16:26 PM 08 Aug 12

Virginmedia now use G-mail as their main e-mail provider for their customers.There has been a lot of problems with it.

Woolwell 17:10 PM 08 Aug 12

I use Virgin and gmail without any problems at all. There have been some problems with ntl email addresses.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things