Moving from Yola to Wordpress

CescaIAH 10:30 AM 04 Oct 10

As you may be able to tell from this, I am clueless as to what to do... I have a domain name registered with nominet that I would like to keep, the website is currently built and hosted by yola, but I would like to build and host it in wordpress, keeping the same domain name... Is this possible? How do I do it? And is Wordpress actually the best one to be using?

Hope you can help!

Cesca x

DarCol 17:04 PM 04 Oct 10

Yes you can keep your domain, you can change your hosting provider, check the info here click here , and choose the best option for you.

Forum Editor 00:13 AM 08 Oct 10

I certainly wouldn't recommend Wordpress as a medium for designing and developing a site - there are far better ways to do it.

Hosting isn't expensive, and there are lots of good hosting companies from which to choose. Once you have your domain name hosted you could transfer the existing site to it, but you'll need all the existing site files, and a little knowledge about has to set about transferring the site to the new server space.

CescaIAH 09:54 AM 08 Oct 10

Thanks for your help - it seems Wordpress isn't right - what would you suggest is?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know