Moving XP to Windows 7 re I Tunes

isca2 15:20 11 Jan 10

Has anyone converted to Win 7 from XP and also moved their I Tunes music files ? I was wondering if the move affects the digital rights of the music files or does the move not affect them at all.

john bunyan 15:33 11 Jan 10

Yes, I have. My primary drive was partitioned C for system and F: for data including MY Documents". My two iTunes folders and libraries were in F: /My Documents/My Music.
The system partition was formatted and I installed the 64 bit version of i Tunes. I kept my old filing system on the F: Drive (not formatted) and i Tunes worked fine. I have two accounts, two libraries and 3 iPods in use by various grandchildren etc. As a back up I use FreeFileSynch to keep a mirror image of "My Documents" on an external drive as well as an ATI image, so you could use that if you wished (or even a normal copy of your i Tunes folder) so you could simpy re - import it to the new arrangememt.No probs with DRM etc - in any case you are allowed up to 5 computers in i Tunes. I think I had to authorise an apparently new computer when the new i Tunes started.THe programme files for iTunes are seperate from the data.JB

isca2 19:39 15 Jan 10

Thanks for the response John.

john bunyan 22:27 15 Jan 10

Good luck with it!! Do a back up first! JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced