Moving XP to slave drive

Tazfan 20:12 29 May 03

Will I run into any difficulties if I do the following. I have a 4G and a 20G hard drive, with the 4 being pri master (with OS etc), and the 20 being pri Slave. What I would like to do, is format both drives, and put the OS (XP)onto the 20, and make it pri Master. How will I get on with Activation? Will the swap be accepted, or will I have to call MS and explain what I have done?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance T:-)

powerless 20:15 29 May 03

You'll be ok with Activation.

Despicable Desperado 22:10 29 May 03

You only have to reactivate if you a certain number or type of hardware. Changing from one HDD to another shouldn't mean activation. If you do have to reactivate it is a painless process to ring Microsoft - they don't give you the 3rd degree (unless of course you are trying to install the same copy of XP on the tenth computer!!)

Tazfan 22:34 29 May 03

LOL. No. I have two pc's, and two LEGAL (bought with cash from PC W**ld. I have no worries about re activating if I have to. I was curious to see if they would give me the third degree if I do have to talk to them.

Despicable Desperado 23:02 29 May 03

As stated no third degree - you just have to give them a trillion numbers and they give you a trizillion (MS speak - bigger is better!! lol) to type back in.

Tazfan 19:03 30 May 03

Thanks for the clarification. I will get it done over the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…