Moving Windows to bigger drive

cleet the don 19:02 16 Nov 05

You will all no doubt think this should go to the "Beginners" section but I thought the cleverer people read this section. O.k., enough butt kissing, now to my problem. I installed a larger hard drive some time ago and left Windows on the old 10 gb drive with working programs (eg Mozilla) but there isn't much left on the old drive now and everything is running slow. I have no back up cd for Windows and as, I believe, I would need to have a reg. no. to move it to the larger drive. Is this correct and I'm up the swanny without a paddle, or have one of you cleverer chappies or chapesses got an answer for me

Devil Fish 19:09 16 Nov 05

you would need to clone the drive programs such as norton ghost or acronis true image could achieve this for you

Rayuk 19:19 16 Nov 05

Download software from the hard disk manufacturer which should allow you to copy everything from your old drive to the new.

T0SH 19:21 16 Nov 05

Go to the maker of your large hard drive`s web site from there you will be able to download their small utility program read the instructions then use it to take care of the transfer for you

it is very straightforward usually just a few mouse clicks

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…