moving video clips to windows movie maker

Avenger1 17:47 11 Sep 06

video clips from either mobile phone or camera are saved into MY VIDEOS but cannot move into movie maker as a warning box appears saying video is not a supported file type and cannot be imported !is there a way to move these clips saved in MY VIDEO as I would like to save to cd after editing and adding effects.

GroupFC 20:14 11 Sep 06

What are the file types of the videos? I suspect that they may need to be converted before you can use MovieMaker to edit them.

To see the file types Open Windows Explorer>and then my videos. You may need to show file types and if this is the case go Tools>folder options>view and take the tick out of 'hide extensions for known file types'.

john-232317 20:31 11 Sep 06

Moviemaker only recognises AVI files and is not very good,you will have to change them to AVI or you might need Nero or Ulead to edit and burn them to CD or DVD as the original file type.

GroupFC 22:28 11 Sep 06

"Moviemaker.......is not very good," - why do you say that - for a FREE video editing program, it's not that bad!

Admittedly it may not be the right solution in this situation and any finished movie may need re-encoding for burning, but I don't see any problems with that!

Quiet Life 22:47 11 Sep 06

I have found Moviemaker 2 to be pretty useful for camera clips as you can specify max. finshed file size and it will render your project to that size. You can "import into collections" the following video file types
.asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…