Moving users folder to a data partition in W7

john bunyan 22:54 19 Feb 11

W7, 64 bit. I have my OS etc on a 100 gig partition (c:/) and data (My Documents etc and Outlook data) on a data partition (F:/)- balance of the total of 500 gig. I have pointed my libraries to the correct location(s) in F;/My Documents. However I have not yet worked out how to move the C:Users folder or maybe its sub folders to the data partition. I would like to do this so that the things that go there by default end up in the data partition. Any suggestions?

GaT7 23:07 19 Feb 11

Here are a couple of ways click here & click here. G

john bunyan 14:32 20 Feb 11

Thanks, I will follow up the first link; the second went to "Lifehacker" but I did not see a ref to this issue. I wonder what happens if you simply drag and drop the users folder into another drive?

gengiscant 15:34 20 Feb 11

I did it this way as I have an SSD drive so needed to move My music-My Documents etc to another drive and any future additions automatically went to the new location.click here

john bunyan 16:19 20 Feb 11

Thanks, I will go through that link too. I have it working in that in the libraries I "Tell" each one to go to the relevant folder of My Documents that I have created in My F Drive. I want to make it a rule for all users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now