Moving taskbar back to foot of screen

Hamish I 21:59 19 Jun 03

My taskbar has moved to the side of the screen.
I want it back along the foot of the screen but my dragging doesn't seem to be very successful. I can only drag it halfway across, as it were, but can't get it to turn downwards to where it used to be. Any suggestions, please?

wheelie 22:07 19 Jun 03

Try dragging diagonally until your pointer is just at the edge of where your clock would normally be (right hand corner of the screen). I've just tried it, and it seems to work OK for me.

Djohn 23:02 19 Jun 03

left click, hold and drag to bottom of screen, don't worry about trying to turn the bar, it will do this by itself as your cursor approaches the bottom of screen. j.

Hamish I 19:13 20 Jun 03

Unfortunately the suggestions from wheelie and Djohn didn't work for me. The place where the taskbar has ended up is down the right-hand side of the screen,and dragging rightwards or downwards only tucks it in more and more. Going to the left it will not go down and all I achieve is to make it cover half the screen. Strange, because your advice coincides with that of the Windows handbook. The only snag is that the apparently simple task of "point, drag and release", when attempted by me, has only the effect I've described.

jolorna 19:24 20 Jun 03

i think you are playing on the edge of the taskbar and you will have arrows showing which is resizing it, you need to put your cursor in the middle of the taskbar and then pull it around

BRYNIT 19:26 20 Jun 03

It seems that you are putting the mouse pointer at the edge of the task bar this will only drag the bar across the window. You need to put the pointer in the centre of the task bar hold the left mouse button and drag it down to the bottom.

Once in possition if you right click the task bar and click on "Lock task bar" it will not move.

Hamish I 21:09 20 Jun 03

Thanks to all concerned. Putting the pointer in the middle rather than on the edge did the trick.
I'm most grateful for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…