Moving some partition drive space to another

VNAM75 22:17 19 Dec 08

My C drive where xp and program files are installed has 11gb free, and my Data drive (d) has 80gb. I want to take 10gb off d and put it into c

so,

c drive: 21gb
d drive: 70gb

Is it possible to do this within windows or do I need additinal software? I don't want to reformat the hard drive.

MAT ALAN 22:25 19 Dec 08

You will need a third party prog for this

click here

the prog in the link is free...

Having said that i do not see the point in what you want to do.
The sensible option is to keep data to an absolute minimum on C:\ so when you need to format and install backup it will be quick and simple.

If you need more space why not buy an external HDD...

VNAM75 23:11 19 Dec 08

Thanks MAT ALAN, I always install programs to the c drive and data to d. I just wanted to increase the spare capacity in c (not use it up) because there's a lot of space on d.

David4637 14:10 21 Dec 08

Leave the C: drive as it is. You need the D: for storing data etc, which takes up the most space on most our PCs, unless you need to install new applictions, and/or you are running out of space on the C: David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…