Moving Programs betwwen PCs

geoff47 17:35 05 Apr 05

How do I go about burning programs to CD.
I need some utilties on a non internet connected PC,from my other internet connected PC.
Surely yhtere is a way to burn them to CD and just reload them on the other one.
I am not talking about protected Programs just simple freeware downloads.
Thanks for any help
Geoff47

cycoze 17:40 05 Apr 05

What you need to do is burn the exe or installers for the programs to cd , to do this just bring up your burning program as normal , locate the files and drag and drop them to the program (or however you normally do it).

when theyare on the cd simply copy them to the new machine and run the installers.

geoff47 17:40 05 Apr 05

As simple as that?
Thanks a lot.
Geoff47

NinkyRudes 17:48 05 Apr 05

Assuming both PCs are running Windows 98 or newer, have you considered buying a small USB pen drive? As the files are likely to be relatively small, you could probably get away with a small (therefore cheap) capacity, such as 64Mb.

click here for some price guides, but shop around as well.

It's cost effective, as under £10 would give you an extremely quick and efficient tool for file transporting. No more messing about, waiting for discs to finalise etc, just plug in, copy & paste, remove, and repeat in PC #2!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…