moving programmes to other hard drive

aboutit 18:32 08 Jan 07

I have a lot of unused space on my second harddrive and I would like to free up space .I want to transfer some programmes from drive C to drive D . I did try to copy some and i got the message that some programmes might not work and when I moved them some of them didn`t work. can anyone tell me the correct way

Eric10 18:38 08 Jan 07

Uninstall the programs and then reinstall them but choose a custom install and you will be able to change the installation path to your D: drive.

jimv7 18:38 08 Jan 07

Uninstall from your computer, then reinstall to the other drive.

emmandelo1 20:15 08 Jan 07

I have a programme called 'McAfee Uninstaller' which was on a mag cover disc many moons ago. Originally for Win98 it works perfectly well on XP. I have used it for doing exactly as you describe. It will move a programme from one partition to another. You simply browse to the exe. file and it finds all other files and registry settings for you and then moves the whole lot. No need to uninstall or reinstall. Had a quick look on Amazon and they have it for £2.24. Although if you collect cover discs it might well be on one of those.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…