Moving Programmes

NotSureBoutThis 21:53 25 Nov 06

Hi

I have downloaded & installed Cryptainer LE.

Is there anyway I can remove it from > Start > All programmes, but still be able to locate & access it?

I have removed the icon, but the programme is still visable via > Start > All programmes.

Another question, If I go > Start > My computer, I cannot see the drive it is supposed to be under, all other drives are visable, but not this specified one.

Any advice please?

VoG II 22:09 25 Nov 06

In Start, All Programs, right click it and select Delete. You can still get to it via My Computer, C, Program Files etc and double clicking the icon.

I don't understand your second question.

NotSureBoutThis 22:23 25 Nov 06

Hello VoG

Most of the time, I'm not sure what I'm doing, so no surprise you don't understand!

OK, when I downloaded the file, the installation automatically saved it to Drive J.

Now, when I go to my computer, I can see all other drives ā€œCā€ ā€œDā€ etc, except drive J, where this download is supposed to be.

This particular file is password protected, & I think it suggested within the installation, it would be hidden from view.

I can access the file no problem from > Start > Programmes, then enter my password.

So, if I deleted it as you suggested, how would I find the drive.

I trust I have explained more easily

terryf 18:38 26 Nov 06

All you have deleted in Start>programs is a short-cut, if you go to Explorer>tools>folder options>view then choose to see hidden files and folders it is probable that you will be able to see drive J

NotSureBoutThis 19:30 26 Nov 06

Hello terryf

Thanks, how do I get to Explorer?

VoG II 20:27 26 Nov 06

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer

NotSureBoutThis 14:44 27 Nov 06

Hi

Thank you VoG

terryf

I followed your advice, and still cannot see the selected drive (J)

MichelleC 15:14 27 Nov 06

Are you sure you have a drive 'J'? Look in Disc Management.
You can find out where the prog is by typing name in 'search'.

NotSureBoutThis 14:50 28 Nov 06

Hi

Thanks, I do have a drive "J"

I have to access it > Start > All Programmes > Cryptainer, then if I do > my computer, driver "J" is showing.

Once I log out of Cryptainer, drive "J" disparears.

What I like to know is,if I do > Start > All Programes > Crptainer, then right click on the file name to delete if from all programmes, how do I find drive "J" or cryptainer then?

Thanks

terryf 21:03 29 Nov 06

Sounds like your program is making a virtual drive which of course dissappears when you close the program. Why don't you look at the help for the program and see if virtual appears there?

terryf 21:05 29 Nov 06

Having done a Google it would seem that your program ' enables you to create a secure container on your PC' which is why you can't see it with ordinary winxp tools

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…