Moving Pictures on PC

albertpalbert 09:11 20 Jan 05

I have a Windows 2000 pc which is near on full on the hard disk and becoming slow. My immediate need is to get all the family photos off the hard drive before the damn thing crashes and my wife kills me. I do not have any kind of CD rewriter. Anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this? I could email the pictures to an address which then I could burn to a CD but that would take quite a bit of time. Can I use an Ipod to download the data or a portable CD rewriter? Any ideas?

JonnyTub 09:16 20 Jan 05

portable cd rewriter is about the best option in my opinion, it's costly if you only have an ordinary ipod and not the new photo thingy majiggy one as you have to buy an add-on for them.

Or if you have a second pc and a lan cable just whip em across that way, through the network.

JonnyTub 09:18 20 Jan 05

Or even a cheap usb flash drive, transfer a few at a time.

ribo 10:17 20 Jan 05

Could he use his camera Media card? Compact Flash.Smart media etc.

JonnyTub 10:33 20 Jan 05

Yup. If he has one.

Cook2 13:16 20 Jan 05

Why not get a second hard drive and install it as slave then transfer all your pics/films over to that.

click here for some good prices.

LANDCRUISER 15:50 20 Jan 05

i to had this problem a few years ago,i bought external h/d from Q.V.C. shopping channel, check Q.v.c. website, it just plugs into usb port,it called a QDISC it used to be 80gb of storage but now they increased it to 160gb it cost £160 but well worth it, & you can back up your complete pc system as well, i have over 1500 pctures on it, so if you need extra hard drive its good way of getting it, cheaper than buying new pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…