Moving Photographs from an Excel Spreadsheet

Daoud 16:04 08 Jul 09

I have photographs which have been INSERTED into
an Excel Spreadsheet from a CD. I would like to move them into my Temp Folder for Editing and wonder if anyone could tell me the best way of doing this.

Graphicool1 16:17 08 Jul 09

Go into your editing programme and click 'Open' in the pop up menu select the CD drive. Click 'Preview' troll through the files till you find the one/s you want to edit. Open it into your editing software. When done, save it to a file on you PC.

Daoud 16:29 08 Jul 09

Thank you for your reply. Problem is that I haven't got the CD ~ a friend inserted the photos onto it for me. I did try copying to Clipboard etc., but wasn't able to do this successfully.

Daoud 16:55 08 Jul 09

Have tried doing what you advised but keep getting a box which says "The specified file cannot be identified as a supported type". Have checked the supported types, tried All Files, jpg. & bmp. types but can't find anything to open it with. Seemingly, the photos have been inserted into an Excel 97-2003 Worksheet, but don't think that would make any difference anyway. Many thanks again for your help though.

brambles 17:25 08 Jul 09

Daoud: Open the Excel Worksheet containing the graphic you want to isolate.
Click on the graphic to select it.
Right click on mouse & select Copy
It's now on the Windows Clipboard
Open whatever programme you use to edit photographs Photoshop Elements or similar and open a new plain file - right click Paste. You will now be able to save as a JPEG and do whatever you want to.

OR

if you have Vista - open the Excel worksheet - now select the Windows Snipping Tool - this will enable you to make a selection round the Image & there is an option to save the Capture as a JPEG

Brambles

Daoud 18:06 08 Jul 09

Brambles, have just edited one photograph as per your instructions, and it worked. I can get a move on and do the others now ~ I gave up on Tuesday and went home ~ the whole thing was giving me a headache. I do enjoy working in Excel ~ it's easy when you know how and, after printing off your Instructions I am now looking forward to editing the rest of them.
My thanks to you both.

Daoud 18:07 08 Jul 09

Thank you Graphicool1 for your help.

Graphicool1 19:09 08 Jul 09

-
I'm glad you got it sorted out ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5