Moving or deleting a partition

jessej 11:51 10 Apr 05

My son-in-law has a big problem, his hard drive is partitioned into 5GB and 50GB (or thereabouts) 'C' is virtually full with only 25MB of free space left. Without losing any progammes, or worse, doing a reinstall, how can I move or delete the partition?
This is brand new territory for me so keep it simple please.
I should add that he is running XP Pro with SP2 installed.

Technotiger 12:13 10 Apr 05

Hi, get hold of a program called Partition Magic, this will do all you want and more.

jessej 12:23 10 Apr 05

Many thanks, though as he is unable to work I was hoping somebody would come up with a freebie. If no one can then Partition Magic it will be.
Thanks again.

Technotiger 12:36 10 Apr 05

Me again - Partition Magic has been issued as a freebie on a PCHome magazine a while ago. It will not now be the latest version of course, but it will do the same job. I will have a look and see if I have still got it. If I have, I will send it to you - but wait until or if,, I get back to you here. Please do not email me, unless I say so. Wish me luck in my search - I have drawers full of cd's.

Technotiger 12:53 10 Apr 05

Me again - OK, email me via Yellow Envelope, with your address, I will send you copy. No charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…