Moving messages between PC's

TommyRed 19:57 29 Nov 03

I put all my messages onto CD-R before starting up my New XP machine, how do I transfer them over? Thanks TR

TommyRed 19:58 29 Nov 03

Maybe I should of said OE messages and old PC was 98SE. TR

bremner 19:58 29 Nov 03

Are you talking about e mail.

If so were you using Outlook express. If so under 'Files' on the menu bar is the option 'Import' choose 'messages' and direct it to your saved messages.

Bazz2000 19:59 29 Nov 03

what sort of messages do you nmean??

TommyRed 20:12 29 Nov 03

Checked the 'Import' route but you only seem able to import from another e-mail program not a CD-R. TR

madPentium 20:16 29 Nov 03

You will have to copy the outlook express folder from the cd-r to the hard drive first. It wont import from cd-r
Also you have to have the messages in a folder called 'outlook express'. If any other folder name is used, it doesnt work.
In OE go to file/import/messages.
Click the bottom selection and browse to the folder with your messages in called outlook express. It will then ask if you want all or selected folders.

madPentium 20:17 29 Nov 03

OOPS, nearly forgot, when it asks what messages they are, select OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.

TommyRed 21:03 29 Nov 03

Worked a dream, thanks TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…