Moving ISPs

Migwell 19:50 15 Apr 06

I am with Tiscali at the moment and wish to take up with Talk Talk, for their offer of free broadband upto 8 meg speed. I am told that I need a M.A.C. number from Tiscali. Acording to what I have been reading the M.A.C. number is only active for two months, but Talk Talk are quoting end of June for the swich over. Do any of you out there have any advice that will help smooth the way for this swap over of ISPs.

Thanks in advance of any help

Charlie Babbage 20:04 15 Apr 06

They say there's no such thing as a free lunch and there's more than a grain of truth in that.

You may have done this already but is there any 'catch' in the Talk Talk offer eg minimum contract term 18 months or anything like that?

I changed from BT to Talk Talk for my landline but have kept the line rental with BT. The reason being that BT's enhanced Callminder will send a text message to my mobile if a message is left on the landline. I can then access the message from my mobile. If I changed the line rental to Talk Talk, this message facility would not be available - at least it wasn't when I first joined Talk Talk!

This is just an example of how careful you have to be before making changes. Another thing to be aware of is your email address. You could probably keep your Tiscali address and access it via webmail but, again, it would be worth checking before you make the move.

Best of luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…