moving from isp to another..advice please

worcesterman47 14:21 28 Jan 08

hi, i am due to be moved from orange to sky tomorrow ( 29th jan)..may be a stupid question but how will i know when switchover has been completed? will it just be a question of looking/testing internet connection for a few hrs to see if i have internet connection on my current set up ? & if there is no connection.. i then go ahead & set up new router etc,etc or is there something else i should/could try..its been yrs since i switched before..so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated...many thanks in advance..( and if it is a stupid question...my apologies :)

johnnyrocker 14:49 28 Jan 08

the change over can take two to three weeks and i would have thought you will get confirmation from your new provider?

johnny

anskyber 14:51 28 Jan 08

They should have given you an activation date. So it's just a case of trying on the day.

worcesterman47 15:06 28 Jan 08

activation date is... tomorrow ( 29th jan)

AlanHo 15:24 28 Jan 08

In the case of my daughter who lives in Wocester, who transferred to sky in November, she knew the change had taken place when she was suddenly not able to access the web. She set up the Sky account details and it was then OK.

She is still - several weeks later and after complaining numerous times - not able to access her Sky Emails using Pop3 - she has to use webmail. Two of her friends who also moved to sky have the same difficulty - seems like a local problem there.

Hope you are more successful.

worcesterman47 15:29 28 Jan 08

thanks for the info...will keep checking through the day as to when i cannot get access on my old set up...then will set up the sky one...and see how it goes :)...cheers

Graham. 15:55 28 Jan 08

Setting up email is a little tricky. If necessary, please ask, or visit click here

MAT ALAN 16:39 28 Jan 08

Activation was a doddle changed over couple of weeks ago, line was activated exactly when it said it would be plugged in router and away we went (getting the full 8megs as well..
BUT, i also cannot access my email account i have just this minute come off the phone to sky, they say my account wasn't processed properly, so now i sit and wait...

worcesterman47 19:18 28 Jan 08

hi again..i assume you are meaning there is some difficulty in setting up outlook express for email NOT skys email on the home page ( as i have already set up sky email to access from the home page) i have all the settings etc for setting outlook express email up...so will let you know how i get on...cheers again

AlanHo 10:19 29 Jan 08

You will probably find this website useful.

You will find lots of advice on how to get Outlook Express working - but it failed to help my daughter I'm afraid. It points to a problem at Worcester because her friends are in the same situation.

click here

worcesterman47 18:25 29 Jan 08

hi..sorted out my orange to sky changover..no probs..many thanks...as for setting up outlook express for mail...yep it was a bit of a bugger..but found this and followed it step by step...now works a treat..hope it may be of some help to you

click here

many thanks again all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5