moving icons to xp taskbar

rambus 19:29 08 Nov 03

is there a way to move programme icons to the taskbar in xp. i found this very easy to do with 98, but for a reason unknown to me xp will not let me do it. there are 3 icons next to "start" explorer,desktop and windows media player. forgive my lack of knowledge new to xp. thanks, rambus.

VoG II 19:36 08 Nov 03

I'm not sure that I understand what you want achieve. Try right clicking the task bar and untick "Lock the taskbar".

rambus 20:05 08 Nov 03

VoG, thanks for reply, under 98 i could drag and drop icons (say, windows explorer, win mx, nero ect)on the task bar next to start and they would stay there. with xp i find that i am not able to do this and dont know why.

Wak 20:09 08 Nov 03

Next to the three icons (near START) in the task bar there will be a mark or a "=". Click on this mark and drag it to the right thus making room for more icons. Icons can simply be dragged from the desktop and dropped on to the taskbar.

rambus 20:14 08 Nov 03

i have just unlocked the taskbar, and can drag icons into it, thanks for your advice, very much appreicated. rambus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…