Moving Fonts in XP

exbrat67 09:20 03 Jul 03

I wish to move about 100 fonts into a holding folder. Drag and drop does not seem to work and I suspect that XP is preventing this move. Has anyone got a work around.

-pops- 09:29 03 Jul 03

Be very careful when modifying your fonts folder. Some of them are essential for the correct operation of Windows and it will get very upset if they aren't available.

I would definitely think twice about doing anything at all the the fonts folder unless it was to remove some fonts which I had installed myself and no longer needed.

You could try highlighting the fonts you want to move and select "Copy". Copy to a folder and delete from the fonts list but, at your own risk!!!!

artist 11:55 03 Jul 03

I moved some of the obscure fonts to a folder. I think I left clicked and used the 'move to' option - having first made a new folder to put them in.

toxin 12:09 03 Jul 03

The only way I know of managing fonts efficiently is Bitsream Font Navigator, which shipped with Corel Draw, this allows you to install/uninstall truetype and PS1 fonts at will.

Adobe Type Manager does the same, but only works with PS1 fonts, download from click here.

You would need to delete the fonts you want to move from the Windows/Fonts folder, copy them from the original Cdrom to a folder on your HDD, and then install them using either Font Nav. or ATM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…